I Work For Dell

Whilst I work for Dell, the opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author.
Dell provides IT products, solutions and services to all industry sectors including end user orgainsations and cloud / service providers.

Thursday 6 February 2014

The First Musing


This blog will be about thoughts that occur to me as I go about my daily role. Currently I work for Dell in the UK, in a mixed infrastructure architecture / design role for our largest global customer organisations. Much of the time I'm working on specific virtualisation / cloud solutions for specific customers or helping them develop their strategic direction. This gives me a good insight into the common challenges I see across a number of customers in different markets, which allows the development of reference architectures that we can take as solutions to many or our customers.

Brief career history, prior to Dell (most recent first):

  • Head of x86 Server Infrastructure Architecture, Lloyds Banking Group: 5 year overall infrastructure strategy & Direction; 3 year investment planning and ownership of architecture assets for x86 server, Windows server, VMware and Linux OS; Team of 11 architects; design of VMware platform for bank merger – 1100 host servers. 
  • Head of x86 Infrastructure Architecture for HBOSplc – role as above. 
  • Head of Infrastructure for Bank of Scotland Corporate Banking 
  • Head of IT Audit for Bank of Scotland 
  • Several roles in Civil Service IT

No comments:

Post a Comment